View Single Post
Old 09-04-2022, 06:55 AM   #31
hemlock

Default island

Tis
That kind of thing is so sad. I believe that +98% of the people using the lake are not like that. I own a 1.3 acre private Winnipesaukee island and its amazing how those people think they can dock there and walk up to and even go in the camp! Would those same people drive in someones driveway and walk in the peoples house?

People always like to anchor in front of my camp to enjoy the view and the sunset etc. That is their right. I don't own the lake. I feel privileged to have worked hard to buy and build my place but why should I begrudge others to enjoy the lake?

The rafting issue on Winni is an example or poor public policy/law. To allow the lake in the public trust to be closed off to the public via a petition by interested parties, a few signatures and a ruling by the commissioner of Safety seems inappropriate. 13 of the desirable sites for wading/swimming via boat on Winni have been closed off via no rafting. This causes all the boats that otherwise would be distributed to those 13 desirable areas to be concentrated in places like Ragged. Make no mistake the rafting rules are so open to interpretation by Marine Patrol they prevent rafting they don't just regulate it.
hemlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hemlock For This Useful Post: