View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 09:50 AM   #52
Kamper

15 years ago, I managed a property with large frontage, for about 10 years. and this is what I learned over the years...

Except in legally restricted areas, you can anchor as close to other boats, and shore, as you like.

You may not beach, tie to a dock, tree or rock, or place an anchor above the water line without the permission of the property owner.

You may not tie to a float line or exceed head-way speed within 150 feet of a float/swim line. Also a no-no for official buoys.

You may not bring a motorized boat within a float/swim line unless you have the owner's permission to dock or beach there. (Owners/tenants are restricted to launch/recovery only in these areas.)

You may still swim and wade within the areas protected by float/swim lines. Just keep your feet wet. You may leave the water to get around docks or other structures installed by the property owner, you may also step on docks for the purpose of continuing your stroll. You may not go further than necessary though.

By being considerate and behaving reasonably (especially near houses obviously owned by the wealthy and influential people) we can slow the spread of no-wake/no-rafting areas which is the lake equivalent of snob-zoning.

That's pretty much all I think I know about that. Some of these rules may have been refined since the period when I had an active interest.

Enjoy!
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kamper For This Useful Post: