Thread: The Tamarack
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #43
webmaster

Thanked 3,727 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Not speaking for RG, but I think it's easier to discredit a "drive-by posting" by a disgruntled customer signing on here as a new poster because we've seen it so many times in the past. I recall we've even had a former employee register on the forum, trash a business as a 'customer' just to try to get revenge. Then there's those times when the business owner or manager signs on to address the concerns and we learn there's another side to some new poster's tale of woe.

My point is that it's easy for a new poster to grind an axe on the internet while hiding behind an anonymous name.

The new poster who posts a positive review right after registering here has sometimes also been met with responses like; "Are you the owner?" "What's your position with the business?" - skepticism and sometimes down-right rudeness on this forum's part.

I've learned to take a 'wait-and-see' approach, unless I suspect a troll, which is another category of internet creepy stuff all its own...
While we are all skeptical of some reviews we really shouldn't have a "Restaurant Forum Police" (except me of course). Many people are very reluctant to post anything when they feel that other members are waiting to pounce. I'm afraid that happens regularly here and it creates the perception to some that this is not a friendly place to be.

The Restaurant Forum is different than the other forums here. It should always be friendly. Everyone (even new posters) should be able to post a review without being called out or having their motives questioned. I would prefer that everyone feel comfortable to post their review and the readers, not the forum police, can decide who is the most credible.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post: