Thread: The Tamarack
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
Does a owner of a business/restaurant really need to be made aware of the following?

The scallops barely get a passing grade, they seemed too small to be sea scallops and were more than likely bay scallops....shame on me for not asking. The batter was on the soggy side and they didn't have a taste of freshness about them. The fries on the bottom of the plate were soggy and totally undercooked...so much so that they literally stuck to the plate. Besides the scallops and fries, on the plate were undistinguishable pieces of overcooked fried "stuff" that was totally disgusting. I think I recognized a piece of a fried clam, and some other overcooked pieces of batter from whatever was cooked previously in the fryolator basket. Pretty disgusting, to say the least.

You are cooking and presenting food to customers. With all due respect, I would think you would be aware of how orders/food is going out of the kitchen to your customers. Or am I missing something?
I think you have to give the person a reasonable amount of time to reconcile, it was late and night and maybe the staff was not up to snuff and wanted to get out of there, I think it is good that the business owner got wind of it here on the forum and will be making an effort