View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #21
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebix View Post
The Monkey has postponed the April 10 show of Asleep at the Wheel, as expected. But their new date of July 18 conflicts with another even I have scheduled.

When I asked the Monkey for a refund they said:
'We're sad to hear you cannot make it to the reschedule date. Unfortunately as per our ticketing policy (which is industry standard) tickets are non-refundable. We can however make a couple suggestions for what you might be able to do."

Unlike airlines and most other business that understand the situation and realize the change of dates and plans are NOT the responsibility of the customer. The responsible thing for the Monkey to do in the current situation when a date change makes existing tickets unusable is to refund and let the Monkey resell the seats for the new date, not make it the customers burden.

The new norm, and new 'standard', is to refund when the dates have to change. See this from the BAA for the Boston Marathon:

'The BAA will refund any runner and wheelchair athlete registered for the Boston Marathon who can't make the new race date.'
From their web site
CANCELLATION POLICY:

If the artist can get here for the show, then the show will go on regardless of weather. We are hardy New Englanders! If the artist is unable to perform, we will notify ticket holders of the cancellation by email as soon as possible, please make sure that the email address that you give us is valid and actively used. Tickets will be held for a rescheduled date. If the artist does not book a rescheduled date within a year of the cancellation, we will refund your ticket.

I do not agree or disagree with this policy, this is for information only.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote