View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
The Hairy Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Yeah...you're right about what you can see out at Jeffrey's.
I was on a 100' fishing boat with a group for a bachalor party in Sept, 2009, and for the first time in my life saw 3 things.
1. Several whales.
2. Very large school of dolphin we all saw approaching the boat from far off...jumping over and over again as dolphin do...and when they got to the boat, they stopped and checked everyone out. Sort of like they wanted to make eye contact.
3. Guy next to me had a decent size fish on(bottom fishing, party boat style)...and he said it felt really strange on the way up. As it got about 7 feet from the surface we saw a 8' plus shark chasing the fish, taking bites out of it. And, finally swallowed it whole. So, the guy was then hooked into the shark. The deck hands paid no attention, and said..."that hook up will last all of 30 seconds", and sure enough, SNAP. Amazing to see.
The 3 brushes with nature made the fact that I became as sick as I have ever been (absoltly wanted to die), worth it.
Good stuff.
We didn't see any whales, but I did have a shark follow one of my Cod up from bottom. It wasn't a particularly big shark, but it did give me a start when I leaned over the boat and saw the bugger circling my fish. I got so sore from the pounding I took going out and in that I had to go home early from work yesterday. Bruised tailbone - I couldn't sit in my chair at the office without excruciating pain. But it was worth it! I can't wait for fall salmon fishing in Alton, though. Every other kind of fishing is just what I do in between salmon seasons at Winnipesaukee.
The Hairy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links