View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #25
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Welcome! The speed limit forum has a long and proud tradition of tolerance for women kayakers! OK I'm just razzing a few of the speed limit opposers and I am ready and willing to take my licks (probably in less than 5 minutes) but I couldn't resist a little late morning goofing around on the forum. Seriously though, there is a lot of good natured jousting between the factions on the forum and hence a lot of fun is had by all (well, make that most). It can get a little lonely on the speed limit threads for us SL supporters, so a double welcome. My wife is a big kayaker...she was going to use the screen name of "SPEEDBUMP", but I talked her out of it. OK opposers, let me have it (preferably on another thread), I deserve it..."thankyou sir, may I have another?""
I think you should have let your wife use the screen name "SPEEDBUMP" it would be a good name to see every once in a while in a post. Speedbumps... now that is something that needs to be explored!

Well Sunset I just got done cleaning up my Kayak and Canoe and stored them away. I sure had an enjoyable time on the Lake this year. For some reason it seemed a lot calmer than past years. I wish I could put my finger on what made it that way but whatever it was, I hope next year is the same way.
I might even let my grandchildren venture out a little more on the lake next year if this trend keeps up.
Maybe you and I can get together next year and kayak around the Lake. Kayaking is a good for keeping you upper body in shape. Maybe we'll see an eagle flying or nesting in a tree.