View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #24
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
I'm always aware of the limits of my boat and my skills. A 20' Pontoon in the Broads, on a windy, busy weekend day... bad idea. Trying to dock the boat on an inside slot in Meridith... not pretty.

A big part of enjoying the lake for us, is carefully picking the times and conditions we choose to go out on the lake. Mostly weeknights just out to watch the sunset.

However, the biggest concern I have is not the GFBL, but the 24' bowriders screaming down the lake towing tubers, with no regard for anyone in their path and the 32'ers not on plane plowing up 3 foot wakes 100' in front of me. ( I can't count the times we have been sitting in the middle of the broads on a nice still evening, hoping for a good camera shot when some BH doesn't have the common sense or courtesy to alter course enough to not swamp us with his wake.)

PS... My wife would really like to go for a ride on a GFBL... any volunteers? Me...I like the pontoon!

It's a big lake, plenty of room for everyone.

Seems like common sense isn't all that common sometimes
No worries.. My boat will be back on the lake early spring.. She is welcome to go for a ride...