View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #21
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
We live in the narrows and see this problem all the time. If the slow boats would only go to the right side of the channel, there would be plenty of room to pass unless boats are coming from both directions. Not all boats are fast, but it is all too common to see boats that can plane go 6 mph right up the middle so nobody can pass them (unless you know the alternate route between the rocks ) Indeed, one must pass the pokers with less than 150' clearance and hope MP isn't watching, or idle for 5 minutes. Its just a matter of being considerate of others.
Lake Geezer.. Great post.. I live right through the narrows as well before you hit Suissvale..

I can not believe how inconsiderate people are!! Not only do you get the people going idle all the way right down the middle, but then you have kayakers doing the exact same thing.... It causes a nightmare of a traffic jam. It only is a matter of time that either someone who is clueless or fed up planes off and passes well within 100 Ft. I disagree with that manuever as well but could people Please look behind them and see they are blocking everyone else.

PS... I wonder if you saw me earlier this year before I blew my engine... I have to go through there everytime to get out to the big lake. Give me a wave next year!