View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:16 AM   #4
Bizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedawg View Post
Check out the West side of Farm Island. I was sailing with my Cape Dory Typhoon over there last week and I hit rocks. Looked down and saw large rocks all around me. And the area is very large where it becomes very shallow. My draft on the sailboat is 39". The area is midway between the red marker at the SW corner of Farm Island and the Northern part of Farm Island and NWZ zone. I believe it is 150' from shore. Never seen this before. I kayak over in that area but always close to shore. Since you are on Dow Island it is a short distance over to the Western side of Farm Island. Check it out and let me know what you think.
I haven't been between Chase and Farm Island for at least five years. According to my notes, there are two black-and-white buoys (BW) between Chase and Farm Islands. The buoys are closer to Chase, but there is/are 3-foot rock(s) about 10m (33 ft) on the Farm side of each BW and at least one other 3-foot depth in the area as marked on Bizer's chart. Is this the area to which you refer? If not, where in relation to either of the BW buoys? The entire area between these two buoys and Farm Island is marked in blue on Bizer's chart, indicating a depth of less than six feet.
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote