Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #64
ApS

Default "The Rules" are Already Broken, But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I'll let Mee&Mac fire back first on the rest.
It's been eight days: He's not "firing".
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671
Not to get too nitpicky but right off the but that boat looks like a Fountain Team Fishing to me, not a Formula.
One of my two errors: the boat appears to be named "A Salt and Battery"—my monitor isn't sharp enough to tell.

But why the in-your-face name? What's next, "Assault With a Deadly Weapon", "Manslaughter", "Malice Towards All"?

Pretty sharp—those who spotted the palm trees. This particular boat was located ¼-mile from me, and 1/10 mile from the open ocean—where excess speeds are tolerated by the widely-scattered boaters out there. Speed limit opponents—especially those who choose to ignore speed limit laws—need to continue displaying such sharpness at 80-MPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671
Fountain does make an "Executioner".
What??? No Fountain "Obliterator"??? There are still some kids out there to run over out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric P
You can't be referring to the 2 kayakers out at night in kayaks (not theirs BTW) with absolutely no lights, drinking and nude? Yes, that's right, so speed limit or not what boat wouldn't have seen them. They were being quiet so as not to be noticed (gee I wonder why). Your agenda is obvious, so please making something out of nothing and with no facts.
Kayaks are normally quiet and are not normally equipped with navigation lights. The kayakers weren't charged for nudity or drinking—nor for the absense of a lantern.

It's not "nothing" when you fail to see objects in your path at speed—at any time. A skipper is responsible for his boat's actions—particularly when there are breathing, sentient beings in his boat or in front of it).

When a ball rolls out into my path between parked cars, I slow down. At what is being called a "slow" speed, Littlefield had ample time to observe the slower boat to his left before crushing it under his overweight, overpowered, 4½ tons. That the excessively-long deck on his 4½-ton boat covered the other boat from view hasn't been discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc
No one was killed or even injured in the kayak incident. You are making things up.
The speed wasn't fast enought to kill? The speedboat didn't make three kayaks out of two, either. What distance would you guess the boater was to meeting his maker? (In inches).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottrucks
I'm still trying to find out who went 130 mph and when and where??? and long lake is the pic on top but to be certain I would need to enlarge them and bit more???
Try Google for combinations of "130-MPH, jolly-roger, winnipesaukee, performance-boats, donziregistry.com", and it should appear. I posted the link here months ago.

As in most things nautical, Dave R is right: Long Lake is the bottom photo. The two were selected for identical size (17K) to illustrate how executioners in one lake can be just as deadly in another. (Duh).

(Dave R is also right about his top speed handling as "nervous" in his own recreational boat.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R
"...Speed limits certainly haven't had any effect on drunk driving on US highways..."
Alcohol is an increasing problem: Records are falling.

A woman was recently stopped with a BAC nine times the limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
As the owner of a boat that will do well over 90 mph,this proposed law will do nothing to change the way I boat one bit...Good luck trying to enforce it.
Just two weeks ago, a driver (with extremely important connections) "got enforced" caught going 70-in-a-30 New Hampshire speed limit zone. Maybe watch how this case runs its course?

Most citizens are wishing the state "good luck" in the enforcement of this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless
...you could walk in with a 47' Fountain....and walk out with a 12' kayak...
In my new—and admittedly eccentric—neighborhood, a family has cut the good front half off of a wrecked speedboat and is using it to store their garbage cans in! From the roadway, it looks pretty normal!