View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 09:44 AM   #39
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
Well she starts beautifully! Had one small leak at the riser/manifold joint because I didn't clean it up well enough. Fixed that and she purred to life on the first blip of the key. Idles smooth and no unusual noises. Then the fun starts, if i open the throttle up and bring the rpm's up she starts to develop a pretty good stumble at around 1.8-2k rpms.

I did cap/rotor/wires/plugs new. The only thing left in the ignition original is the coil. I also have a feeling there is some bad gas in there. I am going to yank the fuel filter and have a look tomorrow. It was getting too late to keep futzing with it today. Also, anyone know if marina's usually carry the spark arrestor/air cleaners for these motors? Mine appears to be pretty clogged up with what i assume is fogging oil and every particle of dust known to man...

I seriously doubt the spark arrestor is causing the stumble, but it's easy enough to test, just remove it for a short test run.

Check your fuel pressure, you may have a clog in the fuel pump that developed over the off-season. VP used some paint in the fuel cooler that flakes off from ethanol in the gas and can clog a screen in the low pressure side of the fuel pump assembly.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote