View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 01:37 PM   #38
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreast View Post
So why point out here that its paid for by the contractor if you're going to jump on the guy for pointing out that in the end it's paid by the tax payers if you agree? I would imagine overtime is time and a half or double time, Nobody is saying they don't deserve the extra, There pay is a disgrace, like many jobs in our country. 90% of the detail jobs I see could be handled by a $12 dollar an hour flagger. Everything the gov pays for is tripled from the BS. This is no exception.
You seem to want it both ways--you say the troopers deserve the pay and that many people in our country are underpaid. But then you suggest the work could be done for $12/hour, implying the state should hire flaggers instead.

The pay formulas for police, fire, teachers and other government employees often have details that seem wrong to a business person; but overall these folks are the backbone of the community and are paid less than they would be in comparable corporate jobs. So I'm good with the money the government spends on them.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote