View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 02:53 PM   #17
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts

I realize this is somewhat off the subject, but along the same lines of preserving family history.

Last year for my aunt’s 70th birthday party, we borrowed old photographs, and some newer ones, from the relatives. We scanned them, put together a Power Point presentation and then borrowed an LCD projector and screen. There were almost 200 photos cycling through during the party. What a huge hit! Many of the pictures had never been seen, except by the photographer and their family. Some were from my mother and her sibling’s childhood. The range of years covered by the pictures, the subjects and shared memories helped to get nice conversations going. One of the best parties yet.
I had also uploaded all the pictures to Dot photo (nice price and good quality) and made prints, using them to make my first (and last) scrapbook. We gave it to my aunt as a gift. She absolutely loves it.

I wonder how many families have home movies and photos of the lake that have been lost or thrown away. Hopefully more of these treasures will surface as time goes by.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote