View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #97
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
Weather legal or not the lake sound level is on it's way up. Now that the restrictions on switchable exhaust have been lifted I see and hear more pleasure boats with switchable exhaust, boats that dealers were unable to stock in this state because it wasn't legal are now being sold.
I don't see how that is possible since switchable exhaust must not exceed the noise limit law when OPEN in it's loudest position, therefore the lake can only become quieter which it has considerably in my opinion thanks to this law!

Being on Welch Island all summer, I am in the middle of it all and it has been noticeably quieter this year than in years past. I have also noticed it's much quieter at every town dock I have been to. Switchable exhaust allow the captain to switch to quiet mode when entering or leaving port which sure has been nice especially when performance boats are coming or going from the docks or just starting up. In my opinion the switchable exhaust law is one of the few laws passed that has made a huge difference.

Dan

Last edited by ishoot308; 08-28-2012 at 08:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: