View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 10:04 AM   #83
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
In times like this I think it's important to think about others before yourself. I know that's not a normal practice for some but this is more important now than ever before.
To say **** it, "I'm going to go on living my life as if nothing is wrong" is a pretty selfish response, IMO. This is not a drill, this is real.
I am thinking of others. I'm working my ass off, providing jobs, along with my partners, to 55 people. Giving them the luxury of being able to take time off or to work from home so they can practice so-called "social distancing." (Which I hate because the left love it so much.) Received this message from one of our employees -- "Since the kids’ school is closed and we are practicing social distancing, I will be working from home." Well, I am glad he consulted us in his decision! This is not progress.

Anyway, as stated above, you are entitled to your opinion. I think this is a massive overreaction. The following was taken from the CDC website concerning influenza in the U.S. --

"CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza (Table 1)."

My response is not selfish. It's common sense. And by the way, who are you to judge whether I think of others before myself. I wrote a blank check when I was 19 that thankfully was never cashed. What have you done?