View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #16
The Skipper

Exclamation Why my friends are not at Lake Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Pretty funny timing on the speed limit law though isn't it?...Now that no one, or fewer, people are coming to the lake!
While gas prices may keep a few people home there is another reason. Lakesrider joked about the timing but he is on to something.

I wanted to go up with my boating buddies a few times during this heat but they say no! They heard about the new speed limits on Lake Winnipesaukee and decided to stay away. They don't have the GFBL boats they are family boaters and fishermen. We tube, sightsee, fish, drop anchor and raft. My friends think the law is currently in effect.

Some of our boats can reach the 45 mph limit and all of us can go faster than the 25 mph speed limit.

With money tight this year they do not want to buy a GPS just to monitor their speed and insure they comply with the law. They do not want to risk a ticket or get a mark on their driving record. They don't want to bother with the extra burden. Too bad they don't follow speed limits on this forum. They need to be educated and think I am too biased by my love for boating Winnipesaukee.

If we want to see more boaters in the lodgings and businesses around the lake then let them know there is no new speed limit this summer. I want to enjoy Winnipesaukee with some of my friends the way we did until this year. What can I do to change their perceptions?
The Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote