View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 10:41 AM   #83
sa meredith

Default joke

Secondcurve...I think your joke may have been lost on people. A bit harsh...but funny enough to lighten things up. It was was getting out of hand.
To folks who PM'd me...apprieciate the words, but truly was never looking to make a stand.
I was truly a neutral observer, took an interest in this mess, read all I could...and just can't believe the way that most Bird suporters won't concede an inch. I find it truly confusing.
The thread should die, but as it is still open...what the heck...
I think the strangest thing in this whole case, is the Bird supports who want to say how relevant Harris' history is...and yet don't want to get involved with Bird's history. How does that work?
I also find it strange that not one Bird supporter...not one will concede on the fact that, if Bird had not went to get his gun that day, before going outside...none of this happens. None of it. The supports want to talk about their "right to carry" and "I just don't understand his way of life...he always carries". I get all that. I concede to you all...guns are great, I'm buying my first one this afternoon. Now, concede that...simply, had he not made the decision to bring his gun outside to meet Harris, none of this happens.
I also find it strange that all Bird supports went sideways crazy on me, when I suggested he plead this out. You all explained to me, "he is a man of character...why would he make a plea. He did nothing wrong, so why accept responsibilty for it". Ok, I'll buy it. You win. So I ask...applying that same logic, why in 2002, did he pay for repairs to the house that was shot during target practice. You just told me he would not take responsiblity for something he did not do. Certainly, fine members of this forum, you are not employing a double standard, are you? The logic would have to be applied to both cases.
In the end, Ward is home...WHERE HE BELONGS! Harris, the nut job, cost him a Christmas with his family that he can never get back...shame on her.
But enough of this pardon stuff..and ragging on the very Gov that set him free.
His gun carrying days are over. Is that something really worth getting all cranked up over? Simply put...he was not completely blameless here.
These are the thoughts (mine) of a neutral observer, who never met Ward, and knows Harris to be a bad person.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: