View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #23
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Ok with 86k miles, 100k is not too far away, and have been thinking about replacing the four Japanese spark plugs with four identical new plugs purchased from the car dealer.

This seems like it should be relatively easy to do......just remove them one by one, and replace each with new as I go, and put a small amount of anti-seize on the threads of each plug.

Is there more to this ....like something to do with the dealer computer software, individual car program or something sneaky that the the car makers have done to complicate what used to be easy?
I believe you said you have a Camry and I assume it's a 4 cylinder. You don't have to use Toyota plugs, NGK plugs are what we use in Asian vehicles. The only other thing I would recommend is silicone lubricant on the spark plug wires or coil pack ends, which ever you have. This prevents them from sticking to the spark plugs. Also check the holes were the plugs are for oil before you take them out. If there is oil you will need to replace the valve cover gasket.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote