View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #2
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Just out of curiosity let's take a look at what the MP has and what they cost.

I found online a copy of a GSA price quote from Safe Boats Intl which was generated for the USCG.

A new 2017 27' full cabin boat just like the MP uses, $187,519.00. Twin 200 HP Mercury OB with installation $25,111.00 and to put that package on a trailer add another $17,000. Your looking at $230,000.00 before all the additional lights, electronics and other stuff the MP outfits these things with above and beyond that price. Furthermore consider this was a bulk order from the USCG so my guess is those prices are heavily discounted.

So considering Gilford is getting a fully outfitted fireboat from Easton for 248K seems like a pretty good value considering what it is. Not saying it was needed or not but that's up to the taxpayers to decide and frankly I would much rather see a town spending money on things that are geared towards public safety. While a few bucks can be saved in theory by cobbling together a bunch of used stuff - that comes at a risk to the public as well. I'm sure if your place went up in flames and a humpty dumpty fireboat either couldn't make it to put the fire out or broke in the midst of fighting the fire you'd be OK with that about that because the town saved a few bucks right?

To bad so sad, BOO HOO your house was destroyed as a result. Oh well, life goes on.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote