View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
PaugusBayFireFighter

I'm certainly not an alarmist. I've lived in New England long enough to know weather is something we deal with, and the news stations love hyping a good weather story. I don't like destruction, but I love big storms. I love weather!
I have been watching/reading about this storm for a couple of days. Yesterday morning I was sure that the possibility of another "perfect" storm, worse than the first because of the impact to inland areas, was just a lot of hype. Twenty-four hours later, I'm changing my view of this storm and already planning for it. Did a little stocking up this morning at the market. This weekend could/will be a zoo in the supermarkets.
Possibly lots of wind and rain, maybe even snow. With the leaves still on a lot of the trees you can count on wide spread power outages similar to the ice storm a couple years ago. I'm not convinced this will happen to the lakes region, but I am convinced the storm is going to be either a glancing blow OR a knock-out punch. Unfortunately, next week is going to be a very bad week for some parts of the northeast.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote