View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #25
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
That is kind of harsh. It sounds like you have never made a mistake.
Well let's just say I tend to be a little more cautious when my life hangs in the balance. Maybe I have a better sense of my own mortality or maybe I choose to not be oblivious to things that pose an inherent risk to my well being. While I certainly recognize that accidents do happen - in my mind there is no excuse here. Ignorance played a big part in these events.. and it shouldn't have, not when there is so much information out there for starters that clearly indicated that ice conditions are variable on the lake and the consensus was it's unsafe. If that isn't enough - common sense would suggest that due prudence in being careful when venturing out is paramount. If anyone goes out on the ice unsure of it's integrity well I'd say that's playing odds that are not stacked in one's favor and ripe for disaster. Silly me for calling it what it is and saying yes darn right I'm not about to gamble with my life when that choice is under my control.

I will point out I was out on the ice this past weekend as well, but I had good information on what the conditions were like and chose not to take a chance bringing the sleds out because it was to risky IMHO.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: