View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 08:51 PM   #45
Sue Doe-Nym

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Adding to my list of preventive things to do:
I believe TummyMan indicated to shut off the circuit breaker to your well pump........

I also have a Culligan water filtration system that is fed from my Well tank/pump, I guess it would make sense tp pull the circuit breaker for that also ?

Last... if I'm not generating any hot water, does it make sense to pull the Breaker to my hot water heater (note, it's a gas HWH) ? Does it make sense to drain the hot water tank, otherwise the water is just sitting in there all winter, without recycling, thinking that way cause me issues in the Spring, when I start everything back up ?

Thoughts ?
Be sure that you have a reliable person do the house checking. We paid someone to do it, and he didn’t live up to his advertising, and we had the burst pipe, flooded first floor and lots of damage and aggravation. Ten months later, and we are still not through getting everything back in order.
We had thought everything was in great shape to leave. It sounds as though you have everything covered, and I hope that’s the case. Good luck!
Sue Doe-Nym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post: