View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 03:57 PM   #25
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
I agree people are more likely to voice an opinion when they've had a bad experience however, they are also very likely to voice their opinion when they have been wowed by an experience. Then there are also those people who are likely to voice an opinion on every experience. I'll use the reviews for The Downtown Grill in Wolfboro to back up my stance. Search for the downtown Grille on Google and you will encounter over 400 reviews when you combine Google, yelp, and trip adviser. The average rating of the 400 reviews is just a bit shy of 4.5 out of 5. This means somewhere around 350 people have gone out of their way to write a positive review about the Downtown Grille.
Unfortunately, we have seen time and time again, what I consider "false" reviews for various businesses that do business in the Lakes Region area. Some were employees trying to help their business and chose to post fake reviews and others are actual "business owners" trying to sell themselves. There have been several over the course of the last year on this very forum.

To have 400 reviews for "The Downtown Grill" in Wolfboro, NH suggests to me that there is some padding going on. Known or not by the owners, I take that into consideration too. In fact, it takes away from the positive.

Edit: This is not specific to that particular restaurant. I am not familiar with them. It is a general statement for ALL businesses.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote