Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #95
ursa minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
The answer is in the math.... but I would not be too worried about how seaworthy the Dive will be.... There are lots calcs to be made for sure, all of them involving the CG of the barge. No occupancy permits will be issued if the Coasties & MP don't sign off....

Woodsy
Yes to all of this plus a lot of other things. I'm pretty sure they'll need to have a sanitary tank, fresh water, a house generator / fuel storage for power, fuel for the propulsion engines, etc. You would want to get as many of those things as possible down into the hull to help get GC down as far as possible. There's no way this will be allowed to carry paying customers until a lot of state and federal inspections occur. I'm sure the insurance people will have a lot of input as well.

There are some impressive dollar signs adding up on this, hopefully they can make a go of it on 8-10 busy summer weekends. I'm glad there are entrepreneurs out there though, I'd just way over think the whole thing and never try it. I sure hope they picked the right naval architect though...