View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 05:42 AM   #31
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I would think that the railroad rights of way are part of one or more deeds associated with Southdown (et al) property. A bit of detective work looking at tax maps / lot numbers, then searching the Belknap County Registry of Deeds should produce the appropriate documents which show any railroad rights of way. This doesn’t prove or disprove that the trail was a condition of the approval of the subdivisions, but would document the existing rights of way. Would be interesting to see the actual right of way language though.

A search produced this information - paragraph 1 seems relevant to the situation, but I’m no lawyer: https://law.justia.com/codes/new-ham...ction-228-60-a

Seaplane Pilot and Jetskier, it is my understanding that the original documents for Southdown and Long Bay were destroyed. They were in storage at City Hall and got wet or something. I know this because I was looking for proof that the lot next to me that was vacant and deemed undevelopable was meant to be maintained undevelopable under the original documents. We will never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Major is offline   Reply With Quote