View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #647
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Been tried, didn't work, even more difficult to enforce than some of your perceptions of how hard it would be to enforce the SL. " And the law would be ignored by drunks". So now we have a SL. As far as trivializing the MP, many of your SL persuasion have not only trivialized them, but outright bashed them over the past months over issues like the 150' rule and NWZ's. And again, hearing today's description of the poker run a few years ago makes me certain they are not the ones who should be weighing in with their expert opinions about the need for a SL.
Sunset, why do you say it is hard to enforce? Just curious, I would think it would be easy with the right meters and a calibrated tachometer.

I would support a reasonable sound limit. People are tired of noise. I realize that a performance engine needs to have its exhaust uncorked a bit but straight pipes and the like are too loud. Noise laws are becoming more and more prevalent, on land and on the water.

If you go into any HD dealer, you will see signs about being more reasonable noisewise. Hopefully people are paying attention.

For the record, our boat is 350 Chevy powered with through the prop exhaust. My bike has a few baffles knocked out, loud enough without being obnoxious.

Of course everyone has a different opinion on this, that's cool with me!