View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #44
Lucky1

September 11, 1912 was my dad's birthday. Yesterday he would have been ninety nine. So that date will always be special to me.

On September 11, 2001, I was right here at my home on the lake with my oldest daughter and her friend when the phone rang. It was my daughter out in CA. I looked at the clock and it was before nine. I thought, "Gee Why is she calling before 6 in the morning her time?" I knew something important was happening. She asked if I had the TV on and I said that I did not. She then said that I should turn it on as a plane had hit one of the World Trade Center Towers. She also said that her husband was in the air for work and had had his plane grounded and was going to rent a car and drive back home. That simple act by our government may have saved lives if there were other attacks that might have happened but we will never know that for sure.

The attacks have not been able to dampen my feelings of love for my father and for the wonderful day on which he was born!! I still say every year, "I love you Dad. You had a good run. Look over all of us here on earth." My mother will be 95 October 7th and has Alzheimers so she is in assisted living near to her favorite son in VA. These people survived Pearl Harbor etc. Let us hope that we all survive and thrive no matter what people try to do. The United States of America is the greatest country on earth! We are blessed to be Americans!!
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote