View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
Hermit Cover

I was driving on Interstate 95 in Springfield, Virginia on my way to McLean, Va. to meet a truckload of furniture being delivered to my brother in law's home there....upon reaching the Capital Beltway I decided to take the Beltway Tyson's Corner route....I usually would take the 95 to GW Parkway route which...goes directly past the west side of the Pentagon....By the time I reached McLean the plane had hit the Pentagon.....

Mrs. Hermit Cover worked for many years in NYC at One Liberty Plaza...the former US Steel Building...across Liberty street from the South Tower of the WTC. Her 8th floor office faced the Mezzanine Floor of that South Tower. She had left that building and that employer a year before. The Brooks Brothers Store on the ground floor of One Liberty became a triage point for casualties....the west side of One Liberty was blown out by the blast and subsequent collapse. For a time , you'll remember, it was feared One Liberty would also collapse. Today it is Nasdaq Headquarters....
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote