View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #5
jkjoshuatree

Default I Was Working On The Waterfront In South Boston...

...I had picked up my jobs for the day and the first was on Channel St. in Southie.

I was listening to WAAF (Tool was on-Forty Six & 2-one of their best songs) and I remember Greg Hill stopping the song for the announcement.

I looked across the water and noticed immediately that there wasn't ANY activity at all happening at Logan.

No planes over head (like Nagigator said) and not a soul on the tarmac of the run ways. And of course no planes landing or taking off. It was surreal. Like everyone just disappeared.

My second job that day (how weird is this?) was at the World Trade Center. Granted, it's completely different than the one in NYC, but still eerie. A co worker called and told me not to go. So I didn't. No one had any idea what was going on yet.

I ended up in Charlestown eventually and it was so strange to actually notice the absence of planes in the sky.

At one point, I heard one overhead and people stopped their cars, go out, and looked up. We were freaked. It was a fighter jet and boy was it loud and scary.

Finally, around 2:30, I was in a woman's apartment taking her phone jack apart and she had the TV on (I hadn't SEEN anything yet...only listened on the radio).

I was mesmerized. I asked her if I could sit down and watch for a little while. She said of course. We watched the footage in stunned silence.

I couldn't think of a thing to say.