View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 08:22 AM   #81
ApS

Arrow Check Under the Passenger's Floormat for Staining/Rust...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
While I've never had any car maintenance or tires done at the Wilson Tire that's close to the Plymouth Walmart, it most likely has a higher level of quality.

Here's a car repair in Campton, just seconds north of Plymouth, that I trust ..... www.forresthowesautorepair.com ..... and they are big with doing alignments which is something the 220,000-Scion needs right now ..... along with replacing the four original spark plugs.

Hey ....... so ....... how can you not trust a car repair with a name that's very similar to the forest!

So, this was a big week for me and my brand new, old, 2005 Honda Element w/ 149,600-miles, 5-speed stick, and front wheel drive.

Tuesday; my $3999-check cleared my Meredith bank, and I went and got the Honda down in Chichester.

Thursday; removed the 20-day paper plate, and attached two NH metal plates.

Friday; attached a good, strong automobile insurance policy to new used Honda.

Saturday; first day driving it ..... drove about 90-miles ..... cruise control works very good on Rt-93. One item NOT working good at all is the heater. The heater/defroster only blows cold air so this is a COLD problem!!!! ......

What a great car though, this 2005 Honda Element for $3999. Better go take it over to Forrest, soon, to figure out the NO HEAT, heater problem! .....

Good thing I still have the 220,000-mile Scion xB because it has a heater that gets warm fast, and heats it up very good!

You know, I wonder if I can take the no heat heater problem back to the used car business in Chichester which gave the car a state inspection sticker good through September, 2021. A working heater is a required item in a car, so technically it should not have passed the state inspection.

An air conditioner is NOT a required item. A heater/defroster IS a required item, and he gave me a state inspection sticker on this Honda that I purchased from him, which should apply to the heater/defroster ...... I am thinking, here.

Here's hoping this heater/defroster problem will be an easy fix, and I will take a serious look at the heater controls, again, today.

One degree above zero is the current outdoor temperature, here. Think I'll go take a two mile walk along that Mad River Trail that follows the Mad River, in the WMNF, and enjoy this cold winter outdoors forest walk covered with icy snow, while winter is still here! Beacause, there's a big big warm-up coming, just a couple days ahead. And, when it's warm out, I don't be need'n no heater/defroster! ...... ..... here's hope'n the air conditioner works real cold ..... ha-ha-ha!

And, most important of all, the bumper sticker from Ebay ...... 'I May Be Slow, But I'm Ahead Of You' ..... has arrived ..... and it includes a very nice drawing of a green and yellow turtle that has a sleepy look on it's face/eyes. ...... ha-ha-ha! .....
A heater leaking into the passenger's footwell is a very extensive repair, involving the area behind and under the dashboard. A previous owner's plugging of the heater to "fix" the leak would compromise both the heater and the defroster.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote