View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 07:18 PM   #61
fatlazyless

Hey ...... thanks for the interesting reply.

White Mountain Auto, close to Exit 24-south bound, in Ashland has a 2006 Scion xD automatic, the old smaller style. They seem to look for Scions to resell but there are very few around for sale.

At 220,000-miles my Scion xB has had a defective engine with an oil consumption problem right from the very start, when I bought it new from Irwin Toyota in May, 2014. Just yesterday, it took 1.25 quarts of 5W-20 to bring it up to level on the dip stick at an 11-gallon gasoline fill-up. It always needs about a quart of oil with every 11-gallon gas fill-up. It's only worth $100 trade-in value towards a $10,515-Corolla at Plymouth Ford. I got $1930 from Allstate last February after a hit & run in Plymouth and just patched it up enough with a five dollar can of Bondo, to fill four small holes, to pass the state inspection.

Despite all these problems it still runs and drives very good, up to about 65-mph. Above 65-mph the engine makes a lot of a grinding noise.

I definitely don't trust it to drive it to Boston, or somewhere, but for local driving between Exits 20 and 28, it's good enough, and I keep the Busky's Auto & Towing business card in the glove compartment in case it breaks down. I figure I can give the Busky's card to a police officer and ask him/her to call Busky's for me.

Hello Busky's ...... this is Officer ________ of the _______ Police Dept and I got a Scion xB here that needs to get towed in for repair! How soon can you get here?

Just spent $357.88 at Walmart for four new Viva-3's and an oil change so that says I got enough confidence in it to go for the new tires.