View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 12:23 AM   #28
Randy Owen

Bemused to say the least. Though reasonable thought is apparent accuracy is compromised at best. So let me state the facts:

Owen Marine, LLC is in its new building in Hooksett
Covid-19 delayed final bank lending, slowing construction and now my bank has restarted lending the building is up and running.
I am proud to report I built the new building myself with my employees and a fantastic group of subcontractors.
Evinrude is changing their outboards as we know them and I suggest you google “Evinrude give up the ghost”
We remain a full line Evinrude dealer and will continue monitoring the future with ghost
Owen Marine, LLC just engaged with Honda Marine and will sell Honda full line
Owen Marine, LLC and Farm Island will have no connection other than our own personal race boats, fishing boats, ATVS, hovercraft and snowmobiles.
We have no intention of ruining Farm Island. Farm Island will be the Owen compound for my children, my fantastic partner Cody Owen, his children (when he gets that all going on) and perhaps many future generations. Hell the Winchester ran with it from 1905 till 2020. Hopefully the Owen family can enjoy this too. Please watch Owen Outdoors to keep you updated with our fun
The 1906 six bedroom Winchester cottage will be restored with limited updates to protect the 1906 “feel”. (but yes just maybe a flush toilet)
Tension between the owners of Farm Island and Camp Belknap began long before the Owen family purchased Farm Island
Both the Winchester family and the Owen family have been lied to and exploited by Camp Belknap and especially Seth Kassels
The mainland families too are lied to and exploited by Camp Belknap as well
Information of camp mischief around Farm Island while the Winchester family owned the island is supported with direct information from former camp counselors and disgruntled former employees.
Camp counsellors did break into the camp with the young campers and ignored the private property signage.
All damage to the camp occurred prior to the Owen family acquisition to of Farm Island
The Owen family has cameras monitoring everything that is going on around the camp and on the rest island
Seth Kassels does lie continually and has covered up huge issues of direct lake pollution and medical issues with the campers
Under the directions of Seth Kassels the camp cut a lagoon with an excavator and discharged thousands of gallons of raw sewage into the lake watershed and ultimately into the lake (we have the pictures)
Seth Kassels designed and used a illegal sewage transfer/storage system and it discharge thousand of gallons of raw sewage in a different incident
This triggered huge algae blooms and illnesses with the campers
The sewage discharge went right through the Winnie Shores as supported with the winnie shores letter in town records
As abutters we have confirmed the use of recreational drugs by the councilors
Seth Kassels refuses to have the counselors drug tested and we feel this issue and guns is a poor risk
The Camp has a superior court certiorari order not to proceed with construction on the mainland and has ignored it
The camp has lied to the abutters and stated it built structures in 1960 to perfect a lie of a grandfathered action when it didn’t even own the property until 13 years later.
Many other Tuftonboro town records with Camp Belknap are riddled with lies.
On January 6th the Camp will answer to the Honorable Superior Court Judge Amy L. Ignatius as to why they ignored her certiorari order and once again acted above the law. The actions of engaging in full construction while ignoring a court ordered stay are likely to trigger a charge of contempt and require conservation land to be restored to its original undisturbed status.

Please understand it is not my wish to shut down Camp Belknap but to contain it reasonably. The Camp is expanding and increasing a non conforming use with excessive boats, noise and pollution. We are perfectly willing to accept the existing non conforming use but no expansion.

I do think Camp Belknap, our neighborhood and the campers themselves greatest disservice is with its current director Seth Kassels. I had direct business interaction with the prior camp director Mr. Gene Clark. Gene was a perfect gentleman and completed his part of every aspect of our contractual agreement flawlessly. Seth Kassels is a pathological liar.