View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 09:54 PM   #35
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonGuy View Post
My wife and I ate at the new Holy Grail this past Monday evening. We had been eagerly anticipating a new restaurant in the area, as evidenced by my inquiries on the opening within this very forum string.

We had eaten at the original location in Epping and had enjoyed the atmosphere and novelty of eating within a restored Church. To be honest we were not blown away by the food on that visit which would have been about a year ago now, but we figured we caught it on a bad night. Plus, we had read and heard that many have had good experiences, so we were willing to give the new location a try.

The building has been nicely restored and obviously builds on the restored church angle. However, our visit did not get off to a great start when our hostess appeared upset by our request for a booth seat versus a high top. Once seated, our waitress was pleasant and the service was slow. They obviously are still working out the kinks so this was OK with us. However, we were again not blown away by the food once delivered. We had the Irish Nacho Appetizer, and for dinner we had a Caprese Sandwich and a Four Cheese Penne entree. The appetizer was just OK and seemed a little sparse in its flavor and presentment. The same could be said for the other items mentioned. We noted hard and uncooked green beans and the need for salt for flavoring. I had an English Ale that was fresh and good. The beer list was pretty impressive for its variety. Prices were a little on the high side though. Perhaps suitable for the area, but it seemed a bit concerning considering we did not fully enjoy our meal.

In all, with the many great eating establishments we have in the area - Fratellos, Patricks, T-Bones, CJ’s just to name a few, we doubt we will give this place another try. Further, we wonder about the long term success of this restaurant given its location. It’s not easily navigated and a bit off the path given attractions and other Restaurants in the area. We wish them luck, and hope it revitalizes the downtown, but we feel they may have to up their game to stay competitive with the other offerings.

A bit off the "path"???? Lol! It's in downtown Laconia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk