Thread: It Figures....
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #34
melvin bay

The reading public has a right to know what a public figure, Mr. Reasonable and prudent, is saying when he thinks no one is watching. And it's not character assasination when it's one's own words (in context by the way) that are being used...it's character suicide. No one would be concerned about being sued for quoting a public figures words and I imagine OCD's lawyer would fall out of his chair laughing, esp. given that OCD attempted a coverup shortly after the info became public...even he won't stand behind what he said. And I repeat...the public gets to (and should) decidewhether breaking the law ("doubling it") is reasonable and prudent. Same goes for the bragging/banter about excessive drinking(whether behind the wheel or not). Same for sexist comments about how the "stock" at Hooters looks better after several hours of drinking(and as was said yesterday, good luck getting the female legislators on your side after that one!) And it's not out of context when the quote follows what the quote was in response to, as seen in my last post. Go read the posts on offshore and decide for yourselves what is the context. Oh I forgot, they've been edited ("enhanced").
One only needs to read the 1st post under "THis forum is a disgrace" to see the kind of below the belt punches delived by some of the Speed limit opposition...calling people slimes, liars etc....now your talking about stuff where legal action might be warranted. And it seems that a certain patriots fan is at the top of the list so why all the whining. And you want tighter restrictions on this forum and restricting who can join...wow. I joined this forum partly because the double standard that some of you hold up to your opponents and how certain positions are attempted to be drowned out by your cries of liars or slimes. Most people can see that you purposefully try to humiliate your opposition to get them off the forum. Then when you are quoted (in context) you go balistic. You can dish it out but you can't take it...period. But the public has a right to know this stuff and many I understand are outraged about the underhanded tactics of calling this bill an enhancement ...totally dishonest as per Skip's post. Doublespeak. Now add some of the quotes by the supreme leader and u get the picture. One has to love all the baloney of some of you people spew about the "dishonesty of the opposition". I would love to see an article in one of the NH papers about what lies below the surface with your group. And given some of the threatening intimidating talk from some of the people here one has to appreciate why some choose not to reveal too much personal info about themselves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melvin bay For This Useful Post: