View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #12
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

First Thank you Don for allowing us all an avenue to debate this issue. My belief, I you are a drinking man is that we all owe you a pint. Not all at once to be sure that wouldn't be a good sight.

Now on to the matter at hand. This discussion is one that is never going to end with both sides comming out a head. It is a discussion that requires both sides to comprimise to find the middle ground. And along with the two sides there is input in the debate that needs to be considered from the enforcement body as well. The Marine Patrol, and what is a Pratical Law for them to enforce. Winnipesaukee is a big body of water with more then enough surface area, to allow all of use to play and use the water in what ever fashion we so choose. The problem is the sides have to be willing to comprimise, and debate the real data in front of them. We can all find examples to support our sides of the arguement, that is not the point. The point is what does the data, from what is witnessed on Lake Winnipesaukee itself telling us. That is what is important, not what happens any where else, what happens on Winnipesaukee, is what is important.

I have choosen to go the way I have in these debates because the the group that seems most interested in looking at what is happening on Winnipesaukee and not clouding the discussion with details form other lakes, etc. was the speed limit oppossers. When I did this and we had some good discussion we found something out. We really had many comprimising roads we could go down. And in the end what really concerned us all was the safety of the lake for All boaters.

Please for the Sake of all put our differences aside, come together work towards legislation that makes sense for Winnipesaukee, and make the lake a Safer Place.