View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #33
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
So, if my income varies from year to year and I get paid mostly on 1099 how does the treasury know what to send? I haven't filed my 2019 return yet. What about folks who got new, better paying, jobs in 2019. Will they pay me and then take it back when I file my 2020 return?
Complex stuff. No need to answer. We'll wait and see if Congress ever gets it in gear and passes the bill. And then maybe some follow up bills to fix and tweak. "Do it right, do it once.," is not applicable to Congress.
I am sure your post was only meant to stir the pot, but I will respond with my opinion anyway.

This money is not meant make people "better off". If you secured a better paying job, good for you and congratulations, you are "better off" today.

HOWEVER; If you live paycheck-to-paycheck, as so many of the people you rely on do.... AND you got laid off from work, you would also need financial help.

I hope the bill that was passed actually DOES stop the kind of windfall payments that a small amount of people are hoping for.

Lastly, I have been there and done that in my younger days, so....
If you have not HAD TO file your tax return by now to get the refund, IMO you are not as financially strapped as those that may need the money. You (we) are not the ones that need the most help.

Selfishness and Greed are disgusting traits in any human! (JMO)