View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #39
CubRun

Default Chain saw and safety

I have owned three Stihl saws in my lifetime . Two are still running . I have one Jonsered . They range in size from 16", 18" , and 20" .The only one no longer running was laying in the brush and it was run over by a pickup truck years back ! I never owned a Husqvarna but my buddy swears by them . Each of those brands are reliable and priced right. Buy from someone who can and will service them for you in the future . The few dollars you save from going with the big box guys will be repaid when you return to your local shop with a saw that you purchased there for service .
On another note : SAFETY !!! I refocused on safety after an accident occurred when I was tired and lost concentration . I was wearing a helmet with ear protection , work boots and long jeans . I figured that all bases were covered until I lost my grip on the saw while trimming off a branch a foot or so above my head and the saw went through my jeans and thigh like a knife through hot butter . Missed my femoral artery by a few inches. I bought a good pair of chainsaw pants and always wear them now . Be safe !
CubRun is offline   Reply With Quote