View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 03:08 AM   #47
ApS

Default Operation Dry Water, Seen Locally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal Coon View Post
Of course it's hyperbole, I just used the word Gestapo for emphasis of the overwhelming presence of not just Marine Patrol, I include State Police, Fish & Game, Sheriffs Dept, and just about ALL of the local Police Departments in NH. IMHO ALL are over staffed, and overbearing in this state. I support law enforcement (to a point), but when they can board your boat for any reason, stop your commercial truck for any reason, tell you to "open your hood" (on a snowmobile) for any reason, all for the "sake of safety", I think that is out of control in a state with the greatest motto of all the states in the country!! I don't agree that they should be able to do ANY of it without JUST CAUSE. Not to mention the tax burden on top of it all... One of my all time favorite quotes: WHEN A SOCIETY IS WILLING TO SACRIFICE LIBERTIES FOR THE SAKE OF SAFETY, IT WILL LOSE BOTH, AND DESERVE NEITHER. Benjamin Franklin
On boating's deadliest day, I saw the Marine Patrol make THREE stops. After watching over 60 years, this is Winter Harbor's all-time record!