View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #29
P-3 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I don't think anybody is blaming Mrs. O'Toole, and she has a right to say that she doesn't like what he said, but doesn't he also have a right to say what he wants?
Of course he has the right to say what he wants; I don't think anyone has claimed otherwise. But anyone who says stupid stuff (in this case, really inflammatory stupid stuff) who also holds a position of public responsibility has to expect some consequences. I think many people in Wolfeboro would say, "you can say whatever stupid stuff you want Mr. Copeland, but I don't want you to say it and also represent me as a one of our police commissioners."

Quote:
Shouldn't it have been between the two of them? That is my point. People say awful things every day. Why do things get blown so out of proportion?
If Copeland wasn't serving as an elected official, with responsibility for hiring, firing and disciplining certain town employees, I would completely agree with you. And if that was the case, I bet that most people would just roll their eyes and make a mental note to stay away from the guy in the future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P-3 Guy For This Useful Post: