View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 07:28 AM   #27
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Thanks, we checked our local HW store for plugs and while they had cork stoppers, the rubber ones weren’t small enough diameter to fit the small hole.
That brings up another small issue though...our boat is always in the water when we arrive to go out. Even when it’s in its valet rack it’s up near the top of the building so we can’t just go and work on it. We’ll have to wait around for the forklift to pick it up and have them wait a couple minutes while we take a look at the hole from ground level. We could look at it in the water if we went to a sand bar...that’s what I might do this week...
I would talk to some other outboard owners to see if they have experienced the same problem, and if so, I would suggest to management that it start to be "normal procedure" to blow out the pee holes of ALL out board motors prior to launching them. If this is happening to other's, it's possible that it could blossom into a big problem that I would think management would want to "nip in the bud" before it gets out of control. Maybe it's time to call in some sort of "pest" control service to find the cause of the problem, IF there is one...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote