View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 07:04 AM   #20
Hillcountry

Getting the toon ready for an evening fishing trip Wednesday afternoon, started the Yamaha and no pee AGAIN!
Definitely, mud wasps doing the dirty deed and had to have the tech come out and pull the shroud to clear the stuff from the rubber pee tube. At least now I know what to do should it happen again.
I wonder if spraying a shot of RAID in the tube would deter them?
Went out yesterday at 4:30 AM (left the boat docked overnight) and no mud wasp action. There has to be a nest or nests in the building where the toon is stored for valet.
When we came in from fishing at noon yesterday the only thing we could muster was a bandaid over the pee hole. That may or may not deter the pesky insects.
On a side note, the tech said that the outboard is pumping water even though the pee tube is blocked and that seeing the stream coming out is more of a “piece of mind” thing than the motor not functioning but I still want to see that stream pissing from the motor before I head out. Going to have to devise some sort of plug for that pee hole to insert each time we leave the toon...perhaps with a bright red or orange “flag” attached to act as a reminder to “remove before operating”
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote