View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #41
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
LTII,I couldn't agree more.....I was also opposed to the speed limit law because I felt that it would discourage the creme de la creme of the boating tourists from coming to our lake and was surprised that Rusty took that position.I also think it is a mistake to discourage jet skis.....sure,they annoy us all but they are here to stay so we might as well get used to them.
That said,I still think he has had a huge impact on the town of Meredith.
Actually,I wish he'd come to Center Harbour and turn that waterfront into another "Meredith"
I don't disagree about the improvements that they've made in Meredith. What I do disagree with is their outspoken opinions over the speedlimit (as revenue producing entities - not as individuals). Their overt affiliation with the pro-speed limit organization is the primary reason I will not spend my money at their establishments. This organization was continually stating mistruths about irresponsible, intoxicated "Thunder Boaters" running wild around the lake, terrorizing families, children and kayakers. Yet both Mr. McLear and Mr. Ray make tremendous amounts of profit from their multiple establishments in Meredith that sell the same alcohol that they are complaining about. Therefore, they should put their money where their mouths are and curtail all alcohol sales at Lakehouse, Town Docks, Lago and Camp restaurants. That's my gripe and I'm sticking to it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seaplane Pilot For This Useful Post: