View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #15
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Just thought of this.....and another real reason there's less boats out there on Winnipesaukee....is because the Ames' Farm boat launch area has become closed as of 2010 to non-hotel guests or general public use.
Try getting your facts straight FLLess; Ames Farm ramps were closed to the public in 2009, NOT 2010; I know because I had been launching there since 1999. I'm now in my 3rd year of launching at West Alton Marina. Here's the thread about Ames Farm's closing: http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7421.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Well folks, something has definitely changed for this year's Lake Winnipesaukee boating season when it comes to assessing the weekend noise level out on the Big Lake. The noise level has definitely gone down, and by a very noticeable amount, too. It's really not the same fast and loud lake that it used to be on the weekend. Something has changed here, but I'm not exactly sure what it is?
Oh, that must be my fault; I've only been up to the lake two times so far this year!! But I'll be up ALL next week for my vacation!! Let me know where you live and I'll ride by and wave!!