View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #28
Dave R

Sad day yesterday saying goodbye to the old boat. New owners took it home it to live on Champlain. Guessing the boat knows that lake better than they do, it's been all over it on multiple trips...

I'm as happy today as I was sad yesterday, I just got word from the sea-trial/delivery captain that my new boat performed flawlessly after a long Winter's slumber. There was some question about the condition of the house and MMC batteries, so prior to the sea trial, they installed 6 new batteries. The marina is going to wash it tomorrow and the Captain will be delivering it to me outside of MI (I have to take possession outside of MI to avoid MI sales tax) on Saturday.

I'll start the cruise home with my wife and a friend/experienced captain/teacher that's joining us for the first week, on Sunday morning. Hopefully the flooding will recede by the time we get to the closed portions of the Erie Canal 100 miles in. If not, we might be stuck in Newark, NY for awhile. At least the dockage/power/laundry are free to transient boaters on the canal walls in that town.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post: