View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
camp guy

Default Unwanted phone calls

You may be right, Pineneedles, about checking 'do not call' lists, but also, with sophisticated voice recognition technology, some of the calls, probably robo-calls, are looking for either male of female answerers, and then pitch their call to that person.

I can't imagine being in the phone call business - the endless rejectioins and the not so nice respondents.

I wonder what percentage of favorable responses is considered acceptable.

I suppose there are people who are willing, maybe even thankful, to have the opportunity to have that type of job, but it would certainly mean a special temperment.

I already get some calls on my cell phone, particularly from my carrier telling me I have completed my initial contract and now qualify for an upgraded plan. It is very annoying, particularly when I think the call might be from a family member with a problem. The carrier doesn't seem to understand why my wife and I are happy with our original plan, do not want to change now that we have figured out how to operate our phones, and don't need to have them explain all the cost saving differences between the plans. For someone who is in the business of making things better for us, they sure make it unpleasant.

With all that having been said, I'm happy with my 2 cans and a taught string!