View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 08:29 PM   #20
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I will respectfully disagree with your post.

Your contention that alcohol either kills you or destroys you and exceptions are few and far between is absurd. The vast majority of people who consume alcoholic beverages never have a problem that has a negative effect on them or their family. The consumption of alcohol is widely accepted in most every social circle, and heroin use is not.

People who use alcohol in social situations are entirely different than a person who uses heroin. Every week in Laconia there are numerous overdoses that require Narcan to keep the victim alive. There are approximately 100 overdoses per month in New Hampshire and in 2018 there were over 340 overdose deaths in NH. . It is a rare occasion when someone consumes enough alcohol that medical intervention becomes necessary.

Heroin and alcohol are two entirely different things.
Bernie and Charlie are two entirely different people too, yet, they are the same. A drug is a drug, and alcohol is a drug. It's just not thought of as a drug because it's legal. (PERCEPTION!!). Drugs, like cars for example, come in all different shapes and sizes, but in the end they are all the same. Alcohol kills more people than all other drugs combined. That is not a misprint, read it again..., Alcohol kills more people than all other drugs combined. You don't have to believe me, LOOK IT UP!! It just doesn't get reported on because the "PERCEPTION" is that it's legal, and "accepted" by society, which makes it "OK", (just like you said!!), and the opioid epidemic right now is front page news because it is a relatively "new" problem in society. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with everyone over this subject, just do some research. The information is out there if you are interested in educating yourself on it. Don't go by "PERCEPTION", it is NOT always reality... And with that, (like Forrest Gump says), "That's all I have to say about that".

Last edited by Cal Coon; 03-23-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote