View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #218
MarkinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Come on people, let's not forget that New Hampshire and the lakes region are one of the most crime free areas in the U.S. Why, more than once, I have broke down in my car, or got stuck in a snow bank, and not having a cell phone, have simply walked up to the nearest home with lights on, and knocked on the door and got the use of their phone, or had them make a phone call. This area is very very safe and people are trusting enough to open their door to a stranger at night!

Sometimes on the evening news, you see photos of people's homes in other parts of the country, and you get to see homes with security bar-storm door style doors, and window grates; real serious looking security grates that would really keep someone out. No security hardware like that gets used in NH that I ever see.

Here in Meredith, afaik, you have to go back to July 2001, and the very unfortunate Robert Whitney strangulation murder to find any home invasion murders by an unknown intruder. The convicted murderer, Gary Sampson, also killed someone in Vermont or Massachusetts as well, while enroute hitch-hiking to NH, so it was not like his murders were part of a thought out plan.

Maybe you want to avoid picking up hitch-hikers, but even that is not really all that dangerous because NH is a very safe state! Frequently, hitch-hikers are people who lost their license due to a DUI conviction, or something like that, and do not become triple murderers like Gary Sampson, so I don't want to be bad-mouthing hitch-hikers. After all, how does one drive two vehicles at the same time?
You keep living in you liberal minded, big brother will take care of me and protect me world. I will live in mine where I will take care of myself if absolutely necessary. Your welcome to knock on my door late at night to borrow a phone because your car broke down. But don't think for a second that I won't be armed when I answer the door. You may not see it and I hopefully won't have a reason to divulge that I have it, but IT WILL BE THERE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattle Isle Windy Side View Post
You mean the baseball bat didn't scare the mean people away?

Nah - instead they beat him close to death, kidnapped, raped, and sodomized his wife and young daughters - then killed them by setting them on fire.

Of course Cheshire is kinda like a Meredith (but possibly wealthier?) bad things usually dont happen there.

Maybe he should have tried waving a broomstick at them.
Maybe he should have had enough sense to borrow fatlazyless's broomstick that he seems so fond off. After all Meredith is so safe he shouldn't need a self defense weapon of any kind.
Of course he does still have his tax bill. ( I rather liked that one by the way, it did make me chuckle ) Death by tax's, as they say.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarkinNH For This Useful Post: