View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 10:47 AM   #81
lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghfromaltonbay View Post
Big difference is the Paugus Bay townhouses are a good size. If the Sandy Point units have to be built on the original footprints, they will be a lot smaller. There may only be 36 units planned, but if they are year round and occupied longer, the septic may have to be totally redesigned and enlarged. Right now Sandy Point is really only busy on the weekends. Most of the leasees work during the week and use the camps for vacations and weekends. The Paugus Bay units have city water & sewers. Sandy Point has 1940's era septic and seasonal town water. The cottages are not insulated and have 1940's wiring as well. I would think besides the cost to buy, another $5M would be needed to improve the property. That is provided the town and DES allow what the developer has planned.
I agree. The hoops and expense for all of us on the lake to put in a new system that is acceptable to NH is huge. We love the lake and consider those costs part of preserving the quality. This "condo" project has a lot of ancillary issues they will have to overcome to build. I think the added costs will be huge, additionally now that the septic system there is "of note" my guess is whoever buys this property will have to update the system at the very least.
lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote