View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 08:04 AM   #2
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Someone close to me who is fully vaccinated was just diagnosed with COVID-19. I think what happened was an accumulation of factors: living in Florida, having to go to work in person, and unvaccinated family members. People wonder why I'm still using the same precautions as last year (double mask, 6 feet of distance) when I'm fully vaccinated. I guess they see it as "You're 95% protected. Relax." I see it as SOMEBODY has to be in the other 5% who end up unprotected after they're vaccinated. That's potentially 54,000 adults in New Hampshire. It's magical thinking to believe you couldn't be one of 54,000. So please keep taking precautions even if you're vaccinated, even if only 10% of the people at the grocery store are wearing masks.
Hopefully the double masks you are wearing are not 10 cent made in china models,,,

This is but one example of countless problems; https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9423426.html

Masks made in foreign countries, treated with god knows what chemicals and made from who knows what waste materials and packed by infected workers may well end up being more dangerous than COVID. The problem is you may not know it until much later.

If you feel the need to wear a mask, follow the advice of one of the posters here and look for USA made 100% cotton masks. For a while BJ's and Wallmart had Hanes masks that were pretty decent.

Many people dont like the cotton masks as they get wet from breathing through them, which may cause other problems, but is probably the lessor of evils by comparison to this crap they are sending us from overseas, and in some cases even marking them as USA made 3M products and similar.

Beware the solution may be worse then the thing you fear.

As a COVID survivor I am the first to tell you you dont want this, but I also avoid masks as much as possible. Thats said, you would not get me on a bus or subway train in Boston without one,,,

Best of luck